Do you remember watching soap commercials when you were a kid? The adults always looked so happy to take a shower.
And then you grow up and realize that there is nothing to get excited about. You get in, get out, and go about your day.
There is a reason why we might not get excited about getting in the shower. And it’s related to what we are using to get clean. Do you know what goes into the production of making mass-produced soap bars?
Chemicals. All of the mass-produced bar soaps are full of chemicals that are just safe enough to use on your body. And why would you ever want to use something on your hair, face, and body that is just “safe enough”? Unless, of course, you look forward to pre-mature aging, low sperm count, and cancer.
There’s a lot that the big soap companies don’t tell you. And why would they? when they can mass-produce a product and sell it for pennies? Here, buy our 50 cent bar of soap and use it until you die! You can thank us from hell for the $17 dollars that we saved you!
The Chemical Bath
You don’t see too many commercials for bar soap anymore. Especially those cheesy 80s commercials. Yet manufacturers are still pumping out tons of Dove, Coast, Zest, Dial, and Lever 2000.
Let’s take a look at their slogans and examine the ingredients in these body cleansers:
Dove Sensitive Skin – “Real Beauty”
- Ingredients: Sodium Lauroyul Isethionate, Steraric Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Oleate, Water, Soidum Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Laurate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Kaolin or Titanium Dioxide.
- The only “real beauty” in this bar is the water!
Coast – “The eye-opener”
- Ingredients: Sodium Cocoate*, Sodium Palm Kernelate*, Sodium Palmate*, Sodium Tallowate*), Water, Glycerin, Tallow Acid*, Coconut Acid*, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Chromium Hydroxide Green.*Contains one or more of these ingredients.
- The real eye-opener happens after you read the ingredients! Yikes!
Zest – “You’re not fully clean until your Zestfully clean”
- Ingredients: Sodium Tallowate and/or Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and/or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Bentonite, Coconut Acid*, Palm Kernel Acid*, Tallow Acid*, Palm Acid*, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 33, Green 3, Ultramarines. *Contains One Or More Of These Ingredients.
- Thanks for all the chemicals Zest, I think you mean to say Deathfully clean!
Dial – “Healthier skin, healthier you”
- Ingredients: Soap [Sodium Tallowate* · Sodium Palmate* · Sodium Cocoate* · Sodium Palm Kernelate*] · Aqua (Water, Eau) · Coconut Acid* · Palm Acid* · Palm Kernel Acid* · Tallow Acid* · Glycerin · PEG-6 Methyl Ether · Sodium Chloride · Parfum (Fragrance) · Tetrasodium Etidronate · Pentasodium Pentetate · CI 19140 (Yellow 5) · CI 45350 (Yellow 8) · CI 14700 (Red 4) · Coumarin · Butylphenyl Methylpropional · Linalool · Benzyl Alcohol · Eugenol · Hexyl Cinnamal · Citronellol *contains one or more of these ingredients
- Yes, because healthy skin begins with Tetrasodium Etidronate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, and “Fragrance”.
Lever 2000 – “The deodorant soap that is better for your skin”
- Ingredients: Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Petrolatum, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Mineral Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Sodium Stearate, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Tetrasodium Edta, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide.
- Better for your skin? Better than what, bleach?
The Healthier Alternative
So now that you’ve had a chance to review all of the awesome chemicals that go into standard bar soap, how does that make you feel? Do you feel clean? Do you feel confident that your bar soap isn’t going to kill off your little swimmers or that you won’t start aging prematurely?
If you are feeling grossed out, that’s to be expected and you’re not alone.
What if I told you that there is a natural bar soap that is designed for a man? Would you use it? What if the ingredients were all names that you could pronounce and understand? And what if I told you that this bar soap is actually really, really, good for your skin? I bet you would say goodbye to your old bar soap forever!
Dapper Yankee uses natural ingredients to create the perfect bar of soap for you.
The ingredients include things like olive oil, coconut oil, sustainable palm oil, shea butter, sea salt, kaolin clay, oatmeal, and essential oils. I bet you were able to pronounce all those words on the first try. It was simple right? Just like your bar soap should be.
Can You Put a Price on Your Health?
Let’s take a minute and talk about the cost of healthy bathing. A bar of natural soap typically sells for around $8.00. Now that may seem expensive, especially if you are used to spending around a buck a bar for a chemically enhanced, mass-produced, and store-bought bar. But you really need to consider the ingredients that go into making it, its availability, the services the company offers, and frequent discounts.
There are a lot of good things that go into the creation of natural soaps, most especially Dapper Yankee.
All Dapper Yankee soaps are made in the U.S.A. by American workers. They are all handmade, created in small batches, and use natural ingredients.
If you’re wondering how they smell, well simply put, they smell AMAZING! This soap is hands down the best soap that will ever touch your skin and will leave you feeling clean and refreshed.
It’s never too late for you to start living a healthy life. If you care about what you’re putting into your body, you should also care about what goes on it.